Follow @chloewanderlust

Friday 30 August 2013

PLACE TO GO > OSAKA

Although I've singled out Osaka as one place I'd love to visit in Japan, in all honesty, I would love to tour the whole country and I have done for many years now. Again, like with most trips, cost is a huge factor and it's well known that travelling to and in Japan is not cheap. I'm sure you're wondering why I've singled out Osaka over Tokyo and it's for a few reasons, okay maybe it's for one main reason but don't laugh at me okay? Okay. Osaka is home to Japans first ever cat cafe. There I said it. Neko no Jikan is supposedly the first ever cat cafe in Japan, and I'm the kind of girl that likes to visit the original historical feline sights.

No but really look at all the cats. 
Anyway...for those of you who don't like cats (weirdos) there are plenty of other things to see in Osaka. Osaka castle is an example of Japan's finest archiecture, which during the spring can be framed by hundreds of cherry blossom blooms. Speaking of cherry blossom, I came accross a gorgeous little jelly that can be made with the cherry blossom flowers called 'Sakura Jelly'. If I ever visited Japan I'd be sure to make a batch, although they almost look to pretty to eat.

Sakura Jelly-more for looking at than eating
Really, this one city is just the tip of the iceburg. I could spend months just skiing in Niseko, which I've been told has some of the best powder skiing on the planet. Then there are the gorgeous temple's and ancient architcture that is Kyoto. Not to mention experiencing the urban side of Tokyo, where the number of well renowned bars and nightlife spots grows daily. I'm just giving you a taste of what's available to see and do in Japan. Have you ever been to Japan? What are your favourite things to see there? Or what would you like to see there, if you are a budding traveller like myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment