Follow @chloewanderlust

Saturday 27 April 2013

LEEDS RESTAURANTS > AMBIENTE



One of the reasons I love living in Leeds is finding treasures like Ambiente in Calls Landing. Overlooking the canal on a sunny, spring afternoon was a perfect way to enjoy the tapas treats of Ambiente. Inside, the restaurant/sherry bar adopts a modern barn-like decor, with touches of Spanish interior influence. The menu itself was described to us as Spanish-inspired Tapas dishes, but with some flavour influences from North Africa and also Yorkshire . Rarely do I look at a menu and think I could happily try everything on it, but Ambiente's simple arrange of Tapas dishes meant I was spoilt for choice. Always looking for a bargain, me and my flatmate Lauren booked in for an early dinner to grab the 3 dishes for £9.95 offer (Mon-Fri 12-5pm)  
and picked out a range of dishes from  the many choices. Eventually we went for a duo of cumin studded pork belly and pork kebabs with a moreish red pepper sauce, crunchy calamari and aioli, classic patatas bravas, creamy mushrooms and some black bean fritters accompanied by chesnut purée. Admittedly, my favourite dish were the pork kebabs, tenderly cooked and wonderfully smothered in tangy, sweet piquillo mayonnaise. For me the mushrooms, however, were a little too garlic-oil friendly and the tarragon cream was hardly present  But other than that the other dishes were incredible, I even loved the Calamari, which is shocking for someone who isn't a big fan of seafood. The menu offered much more, and I'd urge anyone to try it out, as there is something for everyone on there. It may have been a bit early for me when I visited, although I was tempted by an afternoon glass of red , but there is also an extensive wine list and a mix of eclectic sherry-based cocktails. Ambiente is a great place for all occasions, light lunches, celebrations or leisurely dinners, offering a great location and extensive, exciting menu. 





No comments:

Post a Comment