Follow @chloewanderlust

Saturday 23 March 2013

LEEDS RESTAURANTS > ARTS CAFE BAR

So now I've started studying at Leeds University, I feel I can experiment a bit more with Northern cuisine; you know; Yorkshire reared ham, pork pies and blue cheese from the Dales. Or I could be more adventurous with flavours, in the style of a Northern friend of mine, who on pancake day, smothered her pancakes in gravy. Leeds, is a foodie's heaven, alongside all the usual chain restaurants, there are a great number of deli's and cafe's, as well as a number of amazing restaurants.

A new favourite of mine has to be Arts Cafe Bar, located on Call Lane. This intimate little cafe/bar/restaurant hybrid serves the freshest and most interesting food I've had in Leeds so far. I went there a couple of weeks ago and I felt spoilt for choice when it came to the menu. I ended up picking the wild mushroom gnocci with blue cheese to start and for not being a huge fan of blue cheese, this was delicious, creamy goodness. For a main course, I had the seared chicken breast on pancetta ragu with olive tapenade, this was a lot richer, with stunning aromatic Mediterranean flavours. And to finish my meal, I had a gorgeous chocolate raspberry bakewell slice with a beetroot parfait. Although it came with some questionable looking chocolate soil, the only complaint I had.

The menu changes regularly and seasonally, so these exact dishes may not be on offer at the time of publishing, but what is important is the quality of the food, which is really impeccable. What's also great to know is they have an early bird menu, meaning you get three courses for £15 or two for £12.50, a steal when it comes to this standard of cooking. I would definitely go again! Also, check out their lunch menu for yummy looking sandwiches and plates!

http://www.artscafebar.com/menu

No comments:

Post a Comment